We offer a range of in-house services, complemented by external services as well as a diverse activity and lifestyle program. We encourage our residents to participate in both our community-based activities and enjoy quiet time to themselves, so they can engage as much or as little as they like with our staff and other residents.
Guildford Village holds strong traditional values and celebrates special events, holidays and birthdays which promotes a joyful and a consistantly entertaining environment while acknowledging the individual desires to choose to participate.
Our residents and visitors can enjoy the surrounding scenery of Guildford as we are conveniently located near cafés, shopping centres and Swan Valley attractions.
Accommodation services include:
- Laundry services
- Room and bathroom cleaning
- Home-cooked, culturally diverse meals and snacks
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Maintenance and repairs
We offer an extensive range of clinical, medical and allied health services both in-house or through external centres as needed, including:
- Care Staff – Qualified carers provide 24/7-hour care to our residents.
- Clinical Coordinator – Experienced Registered Nurse coordinates the clinical care and develops a care plan with residents to tailor the specific needs; with regular consultation from Medical Practitioners and families.
- Medical Practitioner- Residents have a choice of 4 local Doctors that visit the facility on a routine basis. Residents may retain their preferred medical practitioner; however, they should be available to attend on-site as required.
- Massage therapy- Visits can be arranged following a consultation from residents’ Medical Practitioners.
- Podiatry – A visiting podiatrist provides regular services to our residents and develops a care plan for ongoing maintenance of foot care.
- Speech pathology- Requests for speech pathology is available on a consultancy basis.
- Dietician- Request for a dietician review is available on a consultancy basis.
- Respite Care – Short-term respite care is available.
- Physiotherapy – Our team of physiotherapists provide comprehensive initial and ongoing assessments and contribute to the care plan development.
- Pharmaceutical services- All our pharmaceutical supplies are ordered through Greg’s Discount Pharmacy.
- Pathology services- Requests for pathology service is available on a consultancy basis.
- Nurse Call Systems- All bedrooms are fitted with nurse call systems which alert staff when a resident requires assistance.
Guildford Village provides a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment that encourages an active social life. We enable our residents to achieve maximum independence, maintain friendships, and participate in the community within and outside the residential care service.
We embrace diversity and accommodate for different cultures, traditions, and dietary requests.
Residents are encouraged to participate in decisions about the services and are empowered to exercise choice and control over their lifestyle. Relatives’ involvement is welcomed and in our overall goal of achieving and maintaining the highest possible quality of life for our residents.
Our activity programs are designed to engage residents and inspire them to enhance their well-being, self-confidence, and fitness.
- Bus outings, including picnics, museum and wildlife parks, barbecues and much more
- Exciting and stimulating recreational activity programs, including cultural, social, physical and cognitive lifestyle activities
- Books, CDs, DVDs
- Arts and crafts
- Music and pet therapy
- Dance and exercise
- Internal concerts
- Spiritual and emotional support including clergy visits
- Beauty services, including manicures, pedicures, facials, massage, and waxing
- Mobile library, providing a comprehensive supply of books
Amenities – additional cost
- Hairdressing – our in-house hairdresser is available during her weekly visits
- Staff accompaniment to external appointments whether medical or social
- Telephones are available in the communal areas, however, should you wish an individual line this can be arranged.